“I recently injured my right wrist and the Trackbar Emotion provided me with an excellent mouse option for using my left hand. The surface of the Trackbar Emotion is wide enough so that I can work in many different positions with pinpoint accuracy and without having to use my whole hand to operate. I would recommend the Trackbar Emotion to anyone who is looking for an alternative to a traditional mouse that you need to wrap your hand around to operate. Currently I use the Trackbar Emotion for about 60 percent of my daily work (using it with my left hand) and for the other 40 percent I use a traditional mouse (using my right hand).”
Paulette Nolan, Graphic Artist/Buyer
Benziger Family Winery
“The Trackbar Emotion is far superior to a mouse and much more natural to use than a trackball. Text selection is especially effortless, and the customizable buttons and scroll wheel make this an ideal input device for those recovering from RSI injuries. Highly recommended!
The weighted Trackbar Emotion is easy to manipulate and is a highly intuitive, easy to use, input device. We had it completely installed and customized within five minutes.
Hands move much less and input accuracy is much higher. It doesn't “jump” around at all like a trackpad. Movement is smooth and predictable, and after many hours at the computer all day, my hands are no longer tired or aching. This is the input device for the future!”
“For two years I have had problems with the “mouse arm syndrome” and pain in my shoulders. During the summertime, when long spells in front of the computer is less frequent, and with the help of acupuncture, I’ve become completely free from pain. I was told to start using my left hand to operate the mouse or to start using short commands to reduce the stress on the right arm. But you know how hard it is when you are short of time -- it just doesn't happen.
For some time I have had the time opportunity to use Trackbar Emotion. It was very easy to install: Just plug in the USB cable and then the plug’n’play takes care of the rest. Since I’ve always worked with a traditional mouse I thought it would be hard to get used to Trackbar Emotion. This, however, was not the case; using it felt completely natural.
The ability to customize it according to your personal preferences has made it possible for both my husband and me to use it to its full extent. I want to use the upper buttons as left and right click, my husband the lower buttons. Easy Jump has also made life in front of the computer easier because I can program in short commands for the functions I use the most.
With Trackbar Emotion it comes naturally to use both your left and right hand, and I definitely don't miss my traditional mouse. It is now tucked all the way into a drawer and there it will stay.
So, to all you members of SWEA who suffer from problems related to mouse work, don't hesitate, because Trackbar Emotion is worth every penny.”
International Chairman SWEA
After developing severe pains in both arms, my occupational work adviser suggested changing my mouse as one of a number of preventative measures. Having tried all manner of shapes and sizes of input devices I was on the point of giving up when she brought a 'Trackbar emotion' for me to use. It has been fantastic. I have found it to be comfortable and easy to use. I work all day with complicated qualitative research software, which requires multiple and frequent mouse-clicks. The use of the Trackbar has meant that I have been able to return to my old job in a busy health research institute at a University. Indeed with the use of customizable buttons I am able to speed up some processes which would otherwise take longer to do. With a small flick my finger I can get my mouse from one side of the screen to the other. I no longer have the same discomfort in my wrists or arms that I had using a conventional mouse.
I wouldn't be without one now, in fact I have one at work, and one at home. Whenever I go to conferences, or training events I take one with me. Having a simple USB connection means that it works with a laptop just as well as a computer for presentations or lectures. Just plug and go. My only regret is that I was not introduced to this fantastic piece of kit a long time ago.
Dr Paul G Dempster, Ph.D
Centre for Health and Social Care
Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
I struggled with pain in my wrist and numbness in my hand for two years despite trying every available mouse on the market. Nothing helped. Then my ergonomist suggested the Trackbar. Despite my skepticism, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to use. But best of all, the unique design virtually eliminated the compression of my wrist - something I couldn't avoid with a traditional mouse. What a pleasure it is to be able to work at my computer without pain, tingling, or numbness. I've been using the Trackbar for three months now and I'll never go back to using a traditional mouse."
UCLA Extension Writers' Program